We are often asked how does one become a Montessori teacher? We encourage serious candidates to become acquainted with the exceptional programs found on the American Montessori Society website. A quality program will often involve –
- 3 to 4 weeks of intensive training during the summer
- an internship under an experienced teacher for an entire school year
- a weekend of continued study each month at the training center
- completion of curriculum albums
- 8 to 10 observations of various Montessori classrooms.