Asheville Montessori School
Summer Camp at Asheville Montessori
Registration now open!
Summer Camp at Asheville Montessori School is a wonderful opportunity to introduce new students to the Montessori method while being immersed in a fun, educational opportunity.
- All camps run Mon–Fri, 9:00am–1:00pm
- Morning drop-off carline runs 8:50–9:00am
- Afternoon pickup carline runs 12:50–1:00pm
- For children ages 3 to 6
What to bring on the FIRST DAY
Bring these items on the first day of each camp (Monday) to leave at camp for the week. Hand both directly to a teacher in the drop-off carline. We are required to keep all sunscreen locked up and out of reach of children, and we might not see it if it is tucked inside a backpack!! Thanks for your help on this matter.
- Full change of clothes: Please pack shirt, shorts, underwear & socks in a Ziploc bag and label it clearly with your child’s name
- Sunscreen: Please label sunscreen with your child’s name. You must complete an Ointment Use Permission Slip for the sunscreen you are bringing.
What to bring EVERY DAY
- Water bottle: Please label it clearly with your child’s name. Water only, please!
- Nutritious lunch: We will provide morning snack and organic cow’s milk at lunchtime. If you would prefer a different lunchtime beverage, please pack it with the lunch along with a note so we will not offer milk. Thanks!
- IMPORTANT! WE ARE A NUT-FREE ENVIRONMENT! Please do not bring foods containing peanuts or tree nuts of any kind! We have children in attendance who are severely allergic to these foods. Thank you for understanding.
- First Application of Suncreen: Please put the first application on your child before drop-off each day — we will be happy to reapply.
Julia Street Campus Details
- Bug Spray: Mosquitoes love the shade of our Montford neighborhood, and the tender skin of young children… please bring bug spray in a Ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name. You must also complete a Ointment Use Permission Slip for the bug spray you are bringing.
- Carline: Carline runs 8:50 – 9:00am.
- Enter carline from the Annandale Ave. end of Julia Street, and exit towards Hillside Street.
- The carline runs parallel to the street – just circle into the driveway in front and wait for a teacher to come out and retrieve your child.
- Avoid parking, as this will block the flow of carline.
- Pull up in line and a teacher will come to your car and help your child out of the car and into school.
- If your child is new to AMS, please help prepare your child for this experience by practicing with role-play ahead of time. This will help your child to know what to expect! Thanks!
Please keep in mind that summer camp registration is on a first-come/first-serve basis.
Here is an overview of a complete registration process:
- Click the “Start Registration” link (or the “Preview Camps” link if registration is not open yet).
- Read and agree to the “Summer Camp Policies” to continue.
- Register and pay the deposit for each child for each camp using the “Summer Camp Online Registration” page.
- Wait for an email from the office with a link to the Online Registration Form
- Complete the Online Registration Form
- Pay the remaining balance for each child by or on the first day of each camp (Mondays)
Please note your child will not be officially registered until all of these steps have been completed!